Areas of research interest
- Community Health
- Public Health
- Environmental Health
- Epidemiology and Disease control
- Health services Management
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Environmental Audit
- Program or Project Management
- Project/Programme Monitoring and Evaluation
- Health Education and Promotion including Behaviour Change Communication
- Public health oriented Curriculum development and review
- Public Health Oriented Strategic Plan
Research and Publications
MastaOmwono; Justus O. Osero; Alloys S.S. Orago; TaratisioNdwiga(2018)Jaggery and Tea Workers Perceptions on the Use of ITNs in Prevention of Malaria in South Mugirango Sub- County, Kisii County, KenyaOsero J. O. S.; David Onchong’a(2017). Type and Magnitude of drug and substance abuse among Samburu Youths in Samburu County, Kenya. Asian J. Pharm.Hea. Jul-Sept 2017/vol-7/Issue
MastaOmwono; Justus O. Osero; Alloys S.S. Orago; TaratisioNdwiga(2017). Level of Knowledge among the Jaggery and Tea Workers on ITNs Use in Malaria Prevention in South Mugirango Sub - County, Kisii County, Kenya. Ijsrm.Human, 2017; vol.8(1): 87-103
- MastaOmwono; Justus O. Osero; Alloys S.S. Orago; TaratisioNdwiga(2017). Level of Knowledge among the Jaggery and Tea Workers on ITNs Use in Malaria Prevention in South Mugirango Sub - County, Kisii County, Kenya. Ijsrm.Human, 2017; vol.8(1): 87-103
- Justus O. S. Osero; Edna. N. Nyang’echi; Eunice W. Kimani (2017). Perpetrators of Sexual Violence among Adolescent Girls in Secondary Schools in Kenya. A Case of Mixed and Day Secondary Schools in Kiambu County. IJIRK, Vol. 2 Issue 10, October 2017, pg 78-85
- Justus O. S. Osero; Farhia Abdiaziz Sh.Hussien; Edna. N. Nyang’echi (2017). Nutritional Status of Children (6-59 Months) In Camps of Internally Displaced Persons in Wadajir District, Mogadishu, Somalia. IJIRK, Vol. 2 Issue 10, October 2017, pg 56-65.
- Nyang’echi E. N, and Osero J. S. O. (2017). Motivational Strategies Used among Nurses in Nyamira County, Kenya. IJIRK, Vol. 2 Issue 9, Sept.2017, pg150-159.
- Marwa T, Karanja S, Osero J, and Orago A., (2017). A Qualitative Study of Drivers and Barriers to the Utilization of HIV Self-Testing Services among ANC Mothers in Kenya. IJIRK, Vol. 2 Issue 9, Sept.2017, pg12-22
- Akolo M; Gichuki R; Chitwa M; Kimani J and Osero J., (2016). Compliance to Positive Health, Dignity and Prevention Services among HIV Infected Index Partners in HIV Sero-Discordant Relationships in Nairobi County, Kenya. J AIDS Clin Res 2016, 7:8
- James M. Onchong’a; Tom Were; and Justus O.S. Osero (2016). Knowledge, Perception and Level of Male Partner Involvement in Choice of Delivery Site among Couples at Coast Level Five Hospital, Mombasa County , Kenya. African Journal of Reproductive Health; March 2016; Vol. 20(1): Article 8.
- J. G. Kiongo; J Wanyoike Gichuhi; J. O. S. Osero; A. Yitambe, (2015). State of disaster preparedness among members of Staff at Kenyatta National Hospital, Nairobi County, Kenya. European International Journal of Science and Technology. June 4 2015, Vol.4 No.5
- Osero J. O. S., Keraka M.N., and Otieno A.S., (2012). “Health consequences of sexual based violence among survivors in selected hospitals in Kenya. Asia Journal of Pharmaceutical and Health Sciences. Jul – Sep 2012, Vol. 2, issue 2 pg. 300.
- Makori R. K., Onyango R. O., Kakai R. and Osero J. O. S. (2011). Community Attitudes Towards Male Involvement in Home Based Care Activities for People Living with HIV and AIDS in Maseno Division, Western Kenya. Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology Vol. 3(11), pp. 503-512, 16 November, 2011 ISSN 2141-2316 ©2011.
- Makori RK, Onyango RO, Kakai R, Osero JOS., (2011). Socio-cultural factors influencing male involvement in home-based care for people living with HIV and AIDS in Maseno Division, Western Kenya. East African Medical Journal, Vol 88, No 8 (2011).
- Osero J. O. S., Otieno M.F., and Orago A.S.S., (2006). “Mothers’ knowledge on malaria and vector Management strategies in Nyamira District, Kenya”, East African Medical Journal, Vol.83 No.9 pg 507-514
- Osero J. O. S., Otieno M.F., and Orago A.S.S., (2006). “The role of child health clinics in promoting the use of Insecticide Treated Nets among children under five years in Nyamira district Kenya”, East African Medical Journal, Vol.83 No.8 pg 450-454.
- Osero J. O. S., Otieno M.F., and Orago A.S.S., (2005), “Maternal use of Insecticide Treated Nets in the prevention of malaria among children under five years in Nyamira district Kenya”, East African Medical Journal, Vol.82 No.10 pg 495-500
Participation in workshops/Conferences
- Attended workshop on Scientific Research Publication and Grant Writing at KCB, Karen Nairobi, 16th – 18th September 2014.
- Appointed and Participated in the Development of Standardized Curriculum on Alcohol and Drug Abuse for Undergraduate/Diploma/Certificate for Training Institutions at Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Service (KEPHIS), Karen, Nairobi 22nd – 26th April 2014
- Attended workshop on developing a long term plan for strengthening MPH- M&E programme supported by Measure Evaluation USAID/ICF Macro for the department of Community Health at Merica Hotel Nakuru, 7th – 10th October 2013.
- Attended workshop on Technical Working Group for the B.Sc.Health Records and Information Management Curriculum Review at Silver Springs Hotel Nairobi in July 2013