Areas of research interest
- Epidemiology and Disease control
- Community Health
- Public Health
- Health services Management
- Environmental Health
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Environmental Audit
- Program or Project Management
- Project/Programme Monitoring and Evaluation
- Health Education and Promotion including Behaviour Change Communication
- Public health oriented Curriculum development and review
- Public Health Oriented Strategic Plan
Research and Publications
Justus O. S. Osero (2020). Caregivers’ Knowledge On Routine Growth Monitoring Of Children Aged 9 Months In Nyamira County, Kenya. Journal of Health, Medicine and Nursing, www.iiste.org, ISSN 2422-8419, Vol.72, 2020 DOI: 10.7176/JHMN/72-05
- Kanario Jane, Osero Justus, Warutere Peterson, Migiro Victor, (2020). Types and distribution of occupational injuries among solid waste collectors in Nairobi city county, Kenya. International Journal of Medicine Research, Volume 5; Issue 1; 2020; Page No. 117-123.
- Edna Nyanchama Nyang’echi, Andre Yitambe, Kenneth Kibaraa Rucha, Justus O. S. Osero (2020). Uptake of routine growth monitoring among children under 9 months in Nyamira County, Kenya. Int J Community Med Public Health. 2020 Jan;7(1):22-27; http://www.ijcmph.com
- Theresa Mary Awour Odero, Osero Justus, Kabiru Ephantus, Monica Oguttu, Elisabeth Faxelid, Marlene Makenzius (2019). Post Abortion Women’s Perception on Contraceptive Counselling Provided by Service Providers. Afr. J. Health Sci. 2019 32(2)
- Jackline M. Nyaberi, Otieno G. Ochieng, Osero O.S. Justus (2019). The relationship of socio demographic, economic factors among postnatal women with status of Free Maternal Services Implementation in Public Hospitals in Nyanza, Kenya. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 9, Issue 10, October 2019 707, ISSN 22503153
- Tom Marwa, Sarah Karanja, Justus Osero, Alloys Orago (2019). The effects of HIV self-testing kits in increasing uptake of male partner testing among pregnant women attending antenatal clinics in Kenya: a randomized controlled trial. The Pan African Medical Journal. 2019;33:213. doi:10.11604/pamj.2019.33.213.14160
Reuben Kebati; Ramadhan L. Mawenzi and Osero Justus (2019). Status of healthcare waste management in small and medium sized healthcare facilities in Nakuru East Sub County, Kenya. International Journal of Community Medicine and Public Health | October 2019 | Vol 6 | Issue 10 Page 4187
Osero S. O. Justus; Margaret N. Keraka and Syprine A. Otieno (2019). Health Implications of Sexual Violence Among Survivors in Selected Health Facilities in Kenya: Are There Gender Disparities? Journal of Health, Medicine and Nursing. ISSN 2422-8419, DOI: 10.7176/JHMN, Vol.66, 2019
- Munguti Catherine Muthingu, Dr. Justus O. S. Osero & Dr. Eunice Chomi (2018). The Perceptions of Women of Reproductive Age towards the Uptake of Focused Antenatal Care Services in Nakuru County, Kenya. Stratford Peer Reviewed Journals and Book Publishing. Journal of Medicine, Nursing & Public Health. Volume 1||Issue 2||Page 50-67||December||2018|
- Masta Omwono; Justus O. Osero; Alloys S.S. Orago; Taratisio Ndwiga (2018) Jaggery and Tea Workers Perceptions on the Use of ITNs in Prevention of Malaria in South Mugirango Sub- County, Kisii County, Kenya.
- Masta Omwono; Justus O. Osero; Alloys S.S. Orago; Taratisio Ndwiga (2017). Level of Knowledge among the Jaggery and Tea Workers on ITNs Use in Malaria Prevention in South Mugirango Sub - County, Kisii County, Kenya. Ijsrm.Human, 2017; vol.8(1): 87-103
- Osero J. O. S.; David Onchong’a (2017). Type and Magnitude of drug and substance abuse among Samburu Youths in Samburu County, Kenya. Asian J. Pharm.Hea. Jul-Sept 2017/vol-7/Issue 3
- Justus O. S. Osero; Edna. N. Nyang’echi; Eunice W. Kimani (2017). Perpetrators of Sexual Violence among Adolescent Girls in Secondary Schools in Kenya. A Case of Mixed and Day Secondary Schools in Kiambu County. IJIRK, Vol. 2 Issue 10, October 2017, pg 78-85
- Justus O. S. Osero; Farhia Abdiaziz Sh.Hussien; Edna. N. Nyang’echi (2017). Nutritional Status of Children (6-59 Months) In Camps of Internally Displaced Persons in Wadajir District, Mogadishu, Somalia. IJIRK, Vol. 2 Issue 10, October 2017, pg 56-65
- Nyangasi M. F., Osero J., Gichangi P., (2017). Determinants of delay in seeking Medical Care among Women with Invasive Cervical Cancer in Western Kenya. International Journal of current InnovationResearch, Vol. 3, Isssue 10, October 2017, pp 830-836.
- Nyang’echi E. N, and Osero J. S. O. (2017). Motivational Strategies Used among Nurses in Nyamira County, Kenya. IJIRK, Vol. 2 Issue 9, Sept.2017, pg150-159.
- Marwa T, Karanja S, Osero J, and Orago A., (2017). A Qualitative Study of Drivers and Barriers to the Utilization of HIV Self-Testing Services among ANC Mothers in Kenya. IJIRK, Vol. 2 Issue 9, Sept.2017, pg12-22.
- Makori R., Nyamongo D., Mutai J., and Osero J., (2017). Effects of training on men’s Attitude Towards Home-based Care Practices for People Living with HIV and Aidsin Kisii County, Kenya. Researchjournal’s Journal of Public Health Vol. 3 No.7 September 2017, pp 1-11.
- Akolo M; Gichuki R; Chitwa M; Kimani J and Osero J., (2016). Compliance to Positive Health, Dignity and Prevention Services among HIV Infected Index Partners in HIV Sero-Discordant Relationships in Nairobi County, Kenya. J AIDS Clin Res 2016, 7:8
- James M. Onchong’a; Tom Were; and Justus O.S. Osero (2016). Knowledge, Perception and Level of Male Partner Involvement in Choice of Delivery Site among Couples at Coast Level Five Hospital, Mombasa County , Kenya. African Journal of Reproductive Health; March 2016; Vol. 20(1): Article 8.
- J. G. Kiongo; J Wanyoike Gichuhi; J. O. S. Osero; A. Yitambe, (2015). State of disaster preparedness among members of Staff at Kenyatta National Hospital, Nairobi County, Kenya. European International Journal of Science and Technology. June 4 2015, Vol.4 No.5
- Osero J. O. S., Keraka M.N., and Otieno A.S., (2012). “Health consequences of sexual based violence among survivors in selected hospitals in Kenya. Asia Journal of Pharmaceutical and Health Sciences. Jul – Sep 2012, Vol. 2, issue 2 pg. 300.
- Makori R. K., Onyango R. O., Kakai R. and Osero J. O. S. (2011). Community Attitudes Towards Male Involvement in Home Based Care Activities for People Living with HIV and AIDS in Maseno Division, Western Kenya. Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology Vol. 3(11), pp. 503-512, 16 November, 2011 ISSN 2141-2316 ©2011.
- Makori RK, Onyango RO, Kakai R, Osero JOS., (2011). Socio-cultural factors influencing male involvement in home-based care for people living with HIV and AIDS in Maseno Division, Western Kenya. East African Medical Journal, Vol 88, No 8 (2011).
- Osero J. O. S., Otieno M.F., and Orago A.S.S., (2006). “Mothers’ knowledge on malaria and vector Management strategies in Nyamira District, Kenya”, East African Medical Journal, Vol.83 No.9 pg 507-514
- Osero J. O. S., Otieno M.F., and Orago A.S.S., (2006). “The role of child health clinics in promoting the use of Insecticide Treated Nets among children under five years in Nyamira district Kenya”, East African Medical Journal, Vol.83 No.8 pg 450-454.
- Osero J. O. S., Otieno M.F., and Orago A.S.S., (2005), “Maternal use of Insecticide Treated Nets in the prevention of malaria among children under five years in Nyamira district Kenya”, East African Medical Journal, Vol.82 No.10 pg 495-500.
Participation in workshops/Conferences
- Facilitated MOH Workshop on Community Based Distributors for Family Planning curriculum Review, update and development at Waterbuck Hotel Nakuru, from 17th to 21st June 2019.
- Participated in workshop on Development of CBFP Training Package for Kilifi Pilot Project on Reproductive & Maternal Health Services at Eagle Palace Hotel, Nakuru from 27th to 31st August 2018
- Organized and facilitated a review of Academic Programmes for the Department of Community Health and Epidemiology, Kenyatta University, at Kenyatta University Conference Centre on 27th June, 2018.
- Facilitated THRIVE SBCC Workshop: Learning Needs and Resources Assessment from 20th -29th July 2016
- Participated in a workshop on Scientific Research Publication and Grant Writing at KCB, Karen Nairobi, 16th – 18th September 2014.
- Participated in a workshop on Development of Standardized Curriculum on Alcohol and Drug Abuse for Undergraduate/Diploma/Certificate for Training Institutions at Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Service (KEPHIS), Karen, Nairobi 22nd – 26th April 2014
- Participated in workshop on developing a long term plan for strengthening MPH- M&E programme supported by Measure Evaluation USAID/ICF Macro for the department of Community Health at Merica Hotel Nakuru, 7th – 10th October 2013.
- Attended workshop on Technical Working Group for the B.Sc.Health Records and Information Management Curriculum Review at Silver Springs Hotel Nairobi in July 2013